



Ben and I were able to go out to dinner with our friends Ben and Kir and then meet up with Andrew and Janie for dessert. We were very grateful to my in-laws for being willing to watch our kids while we went on the date.The next day we met up with Kir and her 3 kids and went to a beach by their friend's house south of Laguna. There happened to be quite a lot of seaweed in the water that day, so Ben decided he was going to pull it out so it didn't interfere with his body surfing. He actually got some of the other kids to help him and they accumulated a very large pile.




We had so much fun together, we couldn't let it end with the beach. Our kids wanted to keep playing with the Morgans so after dinner they came to our hotel for swimming. It was great fun.
Ben's brother Abe and his family came down from Fresno to join us our second night there. The boys decided to go deep-sea fishing the next morning. While they were gone we took the kids and went to Balboa Island to walk around and play in the sand. It was a good way to kill some time until the daddies came back so we could go to the beach.
When they did get back, they said the fishing wasn't fabulous, but they had a great time anyway. Both Ben and Abe caught tiger fish.


The rest of the day was spent at Newport Beach where the waves were very large--6 to 8 feet. Both Ben and Abe loved the large waves. I don't like getting pounded very much, so I stayed a little closer to the shore. The kids mostly played in the shallow water, although Isaac did get brave at the end and decided to boogie board again (he stayed pretty close to shore too).
It was great to spend so much time together as a family. Ben decided that if he ever needed a change in profession, he could very easily become a "beach bum". I can't say that I blame him. The beach is awesome!
3 comments:
I love these pictures! Your kids are so adorable. I wish we could have been there with you, Ben and Kir, and Drew and Janie.
We had so much fun! I have to say that the beach is twice as fun when you're there with good friends! Love you guys. Nettie, can you send me some pictures you guys took? Especially of the seaweed. Nast.
oh so fun!!! Nothing better than sand & sun!!!
Post a Comment