Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tag...I'm it!

1. Sad song: I don't know what it is called, but they play it at Christmas--about the boy who wants to buy his mom some shoes on Christmas Eve because she will probably die that night. It is totally sappy, but it makes me cry every time I hear it.
2. Last purchase: Raincoat from REI
3. Last argument: Today with Isaac. He wanted to wear an old suit coat as his jacket to school, just like the Jonas Brothers. I told him it looked silly and that his friends would probably laugh (not a very nice thing to say, but he was making us late). He cried and told me I was soooo mean. Why didn't I let him do whatever he wanted?
4. Stuffed animal name: I didn't ever name my stuffed animals. I know, weird.
5. Michael Jackson CD: Nope, but I loved his music.
6. Favorite day of the week: Friday--no homework to worry about and it usually means dinner out!! Saturday is also a favorite because it is the only day of the week I can sleep in!
7. Piano Lessons: Yes--my mom started when I was 5, then our neighbor, Lavona Morley,taught me until I was about 13.
8. Frequent song played? I'm usually listening to NPR, but I llike Paul Simon, and bluegrass music.
9. Secret TV shows: When I was young, Days of our Lives.
10. Favorite scents: Lilacs, campfire, the air when it rains.
11. Date someone younger or older: Older since my husband it older than me by 1 year.
12. One place you could travel right now? San Gimignano, Italy. My in-laws are there right now and I would love to go back.
13. Favorite time of day? After the kids are in bed and I have some time to myself.
14. Do you know the National Anthem? Duh!
15. Wearing Now? Chacos, pants, and hoodie
16. Jobs? Many--receptionist, fast food, frog washer for biochemistry lab at University of Utah, office manager, and MOM!!(definitely the best job yet).
17. Did you go to High School Prom? Yes, with Matt Romney, my boyfriend senior year.
18 Perfect time to wake up? 7:30 or 8:00--when I'm not tired anymore.
19. Perfect bed time? When I'm tired, 9:00; when Ben and I are having a really good talk/connecting conversation-- much later.
20. Favorite soda? Don't really drink soda, but homemade rootbeer is fun with BBQs.
21. Car accident? Yes-just a fender-bender right after I got my license and during a bad snowstorm. I was backing out of my driveway and backed right into our neighbor's old truck.
22. Closer to mom or dad? I'm close to both.
23. Who would you want on a deserted island? My husband, Ben. He is "MacGyver" and he is cute!
24. Bungee jumping? Nope. Never.
25. Favorite ice cream? Snelgrove's Cookies 'n Cream and anything with chocolate.
26. Any high school clothes in closet? Not in my closet, but Ben has quite a few things in his!
27. Did you play high school sports? Yes, JV soccer.
28. School talent show? Nope, always too intimidated by my super-talented friends.
29. Allergies? None
30. Fun place you lived: Canary Islands, Spain
31. Do you shampoo first in the shower or soap? Shampoo.
32. Wet the toothbrush or brush dry with toothbrush? Wet first
33.Blue or black ink? Whatever color pen/crayon/marker I can find at the time.
34. Have you ever gambled at a casino? Just the nickel slots. Never won anything though and now you have to swipe your credit card for everything. No cool arm to pull.
35. Puked on a plane? Nope
36. Puked in a car? No
37. Favorite cartoon as a kid? Smurfs, Scooby-doo. Pretty much anything--I think I was addicted to TV.
38. Favorite childhood TV show? Dukes of Hazard and CHips Patrol. I loved the theme song of Dukes of Hazard. I used to run and get an old tennis racquet and pretend I was playing the guitar with the song.
39. Who was your first roommate? My sister, Kathi. I lived at home for college, but then I served a mission and had a few different "roommates". Now it is Ben.
40. First alcoholic beverage? My neighbor gave me a taste of beer when I was 8. I thought it was the most awful tasting stuff and never wanted to taste it again.
41. What was your first car? 1990 Black Honda Accord
42. Last movie I saw? In the theater? Enchanted. At home? Chocolat
43. Age you moved from hometown: 21--LDS Mission in Canary Islands, Spain
44. First grade teacher? Ms. Montague
45. First airplane ride? I was 19. It was to Omaha, Nebraska for a choir trip.
46. Who were you with the first time you snuck out? My neighbor who lived up the street.
47. First best friend? Jessica Jensen
48. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? Ben
49. First wedding that I was a bridesmaid? My brother, Dave. I was in the 4th grade and they had a VERY long line.
50. First thing I do in the morning: Go to the gym bright and early.
51. Concerts? John Denver, James Taylor, Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band (I'm not a big concert-goer)
52. First tattoo or piercing: I got my ears pierced when I was 16.
53. First celebrity crush: I don't remember ever having a celebrity crush.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Sweet Nettie! It was fun to learn all this great stuff about you! What an amazing woman - but I already knew that :)

The Haley Family said...

that was fun to read, thanks!

Liz and John Behunin said...

that was really cute. I like that tag. In fact, I think I'm going to copy you and put it on my blog. Maybe I'll even steal some of your answers. I'll just change the word Ben to John. Well, because if i didn't that would just be strange.

Melissa Markham said...

Nettie - you're awesome! Days of Our Lives used to by my favorite sneak tv show, too. Now when I'm flipping channels and see it, I'm amused that it's still the same characters and same storylines. Ahhhh... soap operas...

Rebecca Baca said...

Oh my gosh, I used to love Days of ur lives as a kid. And you know what? I was flipping channels, it was on soap net and it is still the same sad storyline from back in the day. How is that show still on. Still, sometimes things are so bad they are good!

Chris said...

I love your answers! It is always fun to see how many shared memories we have. I will let Jessica be your first best friend but I came soon after:) Love you!