Sunday, April 5, 2009

Catching Up

In August we loaded up the car and traveled to the Oregon Coast. We thought that since we were going in August we would have more sunshine than rain this year, unfortunately we were wrong. We spent a week camping in the rain with our friends Kenny & Jenni Romney and their family. It was pretty cold and miserable, but we still had fun. And thankfully, on our last day the sun decided to come out and so we could warm up enough to actually enjoy the beach and a nap in the sun.




September brought school, canning and honey gathering. I didn't do as much canning this year, but I think will have my work cut out for me next fall. Ben is still enjoying being a beekeeper and everything that goes with it--stings and all. He is much more daring than I am, but I do love using our own honey to make homemade bread and peanut butter and honey sandwiches.




October brought the very small harvest of two pumkins and Ben's birthday. The kids wanted to make him breakfast in bed as a surprise. When I asked them what they wanted to make, they said "oatmeal because that is daddy's favorite!" Ben was a good sport about it though.



December 23rd Eve turned 5. She had a great day and we had a birthday tea party for her a few weeks later, after the Christmas craziness was over. Eve is such a sweet, creative, generous girl and we are very happy she is part of our family.



Christmas day was also a great day. We spent the morning at our house enjoying our gifts and each other before we went to my parents and then later to Ben's parent's to visit. Even though the holiday season is very busy, I love it! I love the feeling the permeates the air during this time of year. I kept myself very busy this year by selling toffee. In fact, I was too busy to even think about taking any pictures of me making toffee or the chocolates that I make every year. Oh well, maybe next year.







2 comments:

Flem said...

I hope this is a lesson to you that you should blog more often instead of trying to recap the whole year.

But great post anyway!

The Haley Family said...

Way to recap it all in a few paragraphs! When are we going to see you guys again???